Thursday, June 28, 2012

Friendship

During the time I spent working with my parents, my husband and I met an amazing couple.  They had a business not far from my parents.  And they had their own God stories.  God brought them to us or us to them, of this I am sure.

The day I was diagnosed with clinical depression, we left work and stopped by their home.  We were helping them get their business started and needed to go over a few things with them.  I was devastated by my diagnosis and the idea that my doctor wanted me to start taking anti-depressants.  Somehow, this came out while we were at their home. 

At that time, they were not friends of ours.  They were business acquaintances.  But she asked me to go in a different room with her.  And we sat down and talked.  And she took the time to listen - to listen to my story, to listen to my pain.  And then she asked if she could pray for me and with me.  No one had ever asked me that and truthfully, I was too embarrassed to say no.

So she prayed with me that afternoon. 

And our business acquaintance developed into a friendship.  They would invite us to dinner and we often ended up staying the night at their house because we lived about an hour's drive from them.  They told us their amazing God story. And then they helped us start ours.

We got more comfortable with the praying, with asking God for His help and thanking Him for His love.  We started attending a church near our home.

We started the journey home, into our Father's arms, into building personal relationships with Him.

In His Grace....

No comments:

Post a Comment