Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Prophet of Old

To be given the ability to see into the future.  To know what will happen in the coming years.  We often think that would be a great thing.  Knowing what lies ahead for our country, our people, our world. 

I have reached Isaiah in my cover to cover, almost daily reading of the bible.  As I read through his prophetic words, I understand some of the prophesies that Isaiah is making.  I can see the parallels between what he is foretelling and things that have now come to pass. 

But in my human mind, I think "wow, it wasn't really a blessing to be a prophet in those times."  My worldly mind is measuring in life and death.  Many prophets were put to death for the words they prophesied.  And with this thought, I realize that I am still living for the world.  Not living for heaven.

Too often, I am timid when given the opportunity to share my testimony with an unbeliever.  Too often, when friends come over, we do not insist on praying before our meals.  Too often, we slip down that slippery slope that takes us to the worldly pleasures of this life. 

I want to be sold out for Jesus.  I want to share the love that I know He has given me which has saved me from darkness, anxiety, fear, depression and selfishness.

I pray for boldness in my daily life, for the words to share and for a lack of concern of what others think.  Because I know the only opinion that matters is God's.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment