Monday, June 4, 2012

Testimony

I was recently asked by my church to share my testimony in church.  I had been participating in a bible study and had the breakthrough moment I shared last week.  As fate would have it, I shared that with the children's director in our church, who was also the leader of the bible study.  I have not been in the habit of sharing things like this but felt led to share with her.  Several weeks went by before I heard back from her.  She asked me to pray about sharing my testimony.  I told her I would pray about it. 

And boy did I pray about it.  I am not a speaking in front of others kind of person.  I get horrible stage fright so that my mouth doesn't produce saliva and I can't talk.  I get nervous for days before hand and just thinking about getting up in front of our church and giving my testimony makes my stomach flip.  So every moment I thought of it, I prayed for God to direct me in His will.

One night as I turned out the light to go to sleep, I said yet another prayer asking for God's direction.  The thought that came unbidden in my mind was "I want you to give me glory".  Now I know this is not something that my mind dreamed up on my own as it means I now will need to stand up in front of my church and give my testimony.  I had not, until that point, ever truly felt I had heard the voice of God.  But that night I did.  Even though it was in my thoughts, I know it was not of me. 

Now it just needs to be scheduled.  And when I am sitting in the church service on Sundays, and I think about the fact that I will at some point be getting up there in order to share my testimony, my stomach lurches.  But I will be obedient...

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment