Thursday, July 19, 2012

Reminder

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7

Today as I was visiting with a lovely friend, I was reminded of this verse.  I have known this verse for quite some time, however, I find that over time, it slips from my mind.  I begin trying to control my life and find myself fearful when things do not go as I plan. 

In so many instances, I can ruminate about a situation in my mind but it takes actually talking about it with a Godly friend to really get an accurate picture of how I am trying to control that situation.  I could not see what I was doing until I talked about it with my friend. 

It wasn't anything she actually said, it was a voice inside myself as I was telling her our situation that said "stop being fearful, remember, God does not give us a spirit of fear...".  Peace filled me at that time.  It was a beautiful reminder that God is in control and that I can trust Him with everything - everything - in my life.  He has a plan and as long as I work at looking to Him, I can be assured that all will be well.

I pray that I can continue to keep this verse at the front of my mind and do a better job of trusting God with everything.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment