Monday, August 20, 2012

Put God in the Center

My husband and I have joined a small group.  Five couples get together once a week to fellowship and study God's word.  The first study our group chose is taken from the movie Fireproof.  It is a marriage study and comes at a great time for us.

My husband and I have been struggling with how to stay close as a couple since the birth of our son.  Our previous communication patterns have been disrupted and instead of developing new ones, we were allowing the communication to fall by the wayside.  My temperament is such that when I am faced with a problem, I am always looking for information that may help me. 

The first of this information came from KLOVE.  It was from Lysa Terkeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.  She was speaking of her own marriage and the struggles she and her husband experienced early on in their marriage.  She mentioned that when they were trying to do marriage as two individuals, it didn't work very well.  But when they placed God at the center of their marriage, it turned their marriage around. 

I remember thinking, how do you put God at the center?

Then in our first meeting with our small group, the leader of the group mentioned that he and his wife have been married for 40+ years and they have enjoyed a God centered marriage.  This was the second time I heard this phrase mentioned and I was so excited. 

God was telling me what my husband and I needed to do and providing teachers that know how.  Thank you Lord!

In His Grace...







No comments:

Post a Comment