Friday, September 28, 2012

Declaration

God is Good!

Our pastor spoke on this after the passing of one of our church members on Wednesday.  He put aside the scheduled sermon and addressed the confusion, the struggle of having someone so young, so loving and in so many ways, a picture of Christ, taken from her family and friends so soon.

The first thing he stated was "In spite of the fact that I really don't know what to say, I want to declare that God is Good."

And He is.

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18

"I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:2

"He rescued me because he delighted in me." Psalm 18:19

When tragic things happen, we often hear it said, how could a loving God let something like this happen?  We don't have all the details.  We don't know everything He knows. 

In times like these we can trust Scripture, that God has a purpose and a plan for all of us.  God is with us when we are brokenhearted, that he will save us when we are crushed.  That he is our helper even while he is our creator.  That he rescues us because he loves us, he delights in us.

He delights in you and me. 

He is my Lord and Savior, my deliverer, my rescuer.

God is Good!

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment