Friday, October 5, 2012

God works for our good

"And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

This was the first Scripture I ever memorized. 

It is such a comforting Scripture.

In conversation today with a friend who has every right to be asking God, why us? why me? what is your plan? this verse came up.  Our friend said that as he tells his kids every evening that God has a plan for them, God loves them, God is watching out for them, he is reminding himself of the same thing.

And as this verse came up, I was reminded too.

As we head into a short sale on our house, I was reminded that God does "work for the good of those who love Him."  I was reminded that "in ALL things" God works for my good.  Even when I can't see the good.  Even when I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

God is good!

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment