Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pride

I wrote of the struggle I am having as we realized that it is not in our best interest financially to keep our house.  As I prayed about this, I heard a still, small voice whisper to me - pride.

I am struggling with pride.  I feel ashamed that we made such a big mistake.  I am embarrassed that we might end up having to do a short sale. 

But what does God say about pride?  Plenty.

"To fear the Lord is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech." Proverbs 8:13

"Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall." Proverbs 16:18

"A man's pride brings him low, but a man of lowly spirit gains honor." Proverbs 29:23

"God will bring down their pride despite the cleverness of their hands." Isaiah 25:11

God says he "hates" pride.  It brings destruction, it causes us to fall, it brings us low.

I have been allowing pride to guide my actions, to keep me from admitting our mistake and, in the end, to prevent us from doing what is best for our family.

Forgive me Lord, for my prideful spirit.  I place it at the foot of your cross and thank you for the opportunity to have chance after chance to get it right.

In His Grace...



No comments:

Post a Comment