Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Blessings

To spend a day with my son:

Playing in the back yard. 
Going to the library. 
Swimming at the community pool. 
Eating lunch in the backyard. 
Listening to him play in the living room while I prepare dinner.
Reading books. 
Laughing at the funny parts together. 
Playing the ladybug game. 
Building with lincoln logs. 
That was today...

So often I focus on the days that I do not get to spend with my son.  Those days that I must go to work.  I focus on the disagreeable instead of the blessings.  My parents were always fond of the saying "practice makes perfect" and I am afraid that they were often correct.  I must practice counting my blessings and opening my heart and eyes to see them as what they are - gifts from God.

I pray you will begin counting your blessings with me.

In His Grace...



No comments:

Post a Comment