Monday, June 25, 2012

God's Gifts

"...life change comes when we receive life with thanks and ask for nothing to change."  Ann Voskamp

I am reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp for the second time.  Oh how this book speaks to me.  The path Ann has traveled and the discoveries she makes ring so true in my life. 

I read the above sentence over and over the other night with the realization that so often I am asking God to change things in my life.  And by doing this simple thing, I am declaring my dissatisfaction with what He has given me.  With all the good gifts He has given.  I realized (again) that I must give thanks in all things, not constantly asking that those things be changed.

I do also know that Scripture says to ask and it will be given to you, to knock and He will open the door.  But as God knows all my thoughts before I even think them, then He also must know all my desires before I voice them to Him.  With this thought in mind, I pray that I can focus my prayer life on giving thanks first and foremost, for everything He has given me, for all the wondrous things He places in my daily life. 

We are so blessed.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment