Saturday, June 9, 2012

What is my purpose?

Do you ever wonder what your purpose is?  I listen to KLOVE a lot and I heard a little blurb from Francis Chan in which he says "God saved me for a purpose..."

I often wonder what my purpose is.  Is it to be a mother?  Or a wife?  I can't imagine it is to do the books for a variety of wineries (although that is how I currently earn a part-time income).  I realize that it may just be so that I can be an example of Christlike living with my secular employers, co-workers and friends. 

I would like to think that God might have a greater purpose for my life and that I have, as of yet, not fulfilled it.  With this in mind, I began reading the bible from the beginning, at the end of last year.  I have read many parts of the bible in the past and participated in many bible studies but I have not ever read the bible in its' entirety.  So I started, thinking that it would be difficult and cumbersome.  Instead I have been enjoying it.  It has given me a new perspective on the biblical knowledge I had so far, increasing my insight into even events in the New Testament.  It has also opened my heart to God in ways that it was not open before. 

If you have ever thought you might like to read the bible from cover to cover, I would highly recommend it.

I will not be posting this weekend as I will be busy with my family, celebrating my birthday :-)

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment