Thursday, July 12, 2012

Comfort and security

We had a fabulous trip to the Redwoods...all of us except our dog.

What kind of dog doesn't like going camping? 

A Shiba Inu. 

That is what we have.  He's very cute.  He's a lot of fun.  He's very different than any dog I've ever had.

He usually likes going wherever we go.  He's even happy to come on a shopping trip and sit in the car.  However, being expected to sleep in a tent and spend his time outdoors where there was no lawn (and sometimes no sun) appeared to be too much to expect.  He let us know on the first night that tent sleeping was not for him.  He got up twice to go out and on the second excursion out of the tent, he dragged me to the car.  I opened the door for him and he hopped inside and promptly curled into a ball in the seat.  That is where I left him.  (Keep in mind I had also been up three other times with our little man and two times with him so I wasn't in a patient state of mind.)  But the car is where he chose to sleep every night during our camping excursion.  I think for him it was about comfort and security.

The comfort of sleeping in the vehicle so no one could leave without him.  The security of more than nylon between him and the unknown. 

I find my comfort and security in my relationship with Jesus Christ.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

I am so grateful to have this relationship that does bring me comfort.  I pray that I can bring comfort to others because I have received it from God.

And the next time we go camping we will leave our dog in comfort at my sister's, so he can continue to sleep in the house :-)

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment