Friday, July 27, 2012

Sharing the good news

Does anyone else listen to KLOVE?  I love KLOVE.  I am not affiliated with KLOVE in any way, but I love the message it provides, the uplifting songs that somehow seem to come just when you need them. 
On my way to work this morning, as usual, I was listening to KLOVE.  There was a little blurb (I call it a blurb because it's not really an advertisement but it isn't music) by Luis Palau.  He was speaking about sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ.  He said people often don't share their faith in Christ because they don't want others to feel like they are forcing religion on them.  But, he pointed out, if we see a good movie, read a good book, really like a song, we tell our friends all about it.  If we own the book, we may even give a copy away.  We want our friends to experience what we have and we hope they will enjoy it like we have. 

His point was that we don't do this with the Good News of Jesus Christ. 

I immediately thought of a book that I have told many people about.  I did even give a couple of copies away.  And yet, I am reluctant to share the Good News of Jesus.  Even though His love has changed my life in radical ways.  Even though I am a new person in Christ.

I was challenged by this and I will be challenging myself to remember this as opportunities arise in which I might share Jesus's love.

How about you?

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment