Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Altercation

I had an altercation with our neighbor again today.  This is nothing new.  It seems that this neighbor and I do not see eye to eye. 

After the altercation, I prayed about it to give it to God.  But instead I found myself going over and over it, again and again in my mind.  She said this and then I said that and then she said this.  And I think of things I would like to have said, but in my frustration and anger, in the shaking hands and the disappointment, I cannot think clearly or express what I am truly trying to express. 

So then I pray to try to give it to God.  And I succeed for a bit.  But then my mind returns to it, again and again. 

Give it to God again.

Take it back.

Give it to God again.

Take it back.

It is quite funny.  This came on the same afternoon that I had written the previous blog about worry.  I find this happens quite a bit.  I write a blog about something, then God tests me in that. 

So I must present to God my request, with thanksgiving, so that I might have His peace which transcends all understanding to guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus.

Lord, grant me the ability to do just that.  And please, please help me extend your grace to my neighbor.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment