Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Worry

Do you ever worry?  I do.  I have struggled with this for a long time. 

It seems as I meet more women in the Christian world, it is something that is common for many of us.  In this busy day and age, we seem to be struggling with some things more than others.  And as we get older and have families of our own, that brings another dimension to the possibilities to worry about. 

Early on in my life with Christ, someone mentioned this verse:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6-7

It has carried me through many stressful situations.  It has helped me immeasurably when I am struggling with the tendency to worry.  If I find myself worrying, I recite this verse.  Then I follow the instructions held within.  I must remember to be thankful (a common thread throughout my life and my blogs) and prayerful regarding whatever is causing me to worry. 

When I first memorized this verse, I only memorized verse 6.  But then one day re-reading it in my bible, I noticed that verse 7 was equally important.  If I choose to fulfill the instructions in verse 6, then look what I get in verse 7 "...the peace of God, which transcends all understanding...".  His peace will be guarding my heart and mind.  What a wonderful truth that I can find rest in! 

I hope it will help you rest in God's peace as well.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment