Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Choosing to Love God

Because really we can either choose to love Him and try our best to do what He asks of us in His Word.  Or we can not.

If we choose to love Him, we are blessed by knowing His amazing love in return.  A good friend of mine said everyone has a God shaped hole inside and until we experience God's love, we keep trying to fill that hole with other things.  We try to fill it with money, material possessions, food, shopping, alcohol, drugs, sex, unhealthy choices, difficult habits to break.  But there is only one thing that will fill us, complete us.

God's love.

As it says in my son's Jesus Storybook Bible, "His never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love."

I had given my life to Christ a good seven years before I truly began to realize God's love for me.  It is almost unfathomable.  It is difficult to understand.  The God of the universe loves us.  The God of the universe loves me.  My mind says "how can that be?"

But Scripture tells me it is true. 

And so I choose to believe.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment