Monday, August 13, 2012

Do Over

Do you ever wish you could have a do over?

I do.

I needed one this morning at 6:45am.  A company that had been contracted with our local electricity provider arrived in our neighborhood and started hammering on the utility poles.  At 6:45 in the morning!  They woke up our little man.  They woke up my husband.  They interrupted my quiet time.

I reacted.

I went outside and told the fellows that there is a noise ordinance in our city that says they can't do that until later in the morning.  I argued with one of them.  They said their contract said they can start at 6am and they were just doing their jobs.  I took my frustration out on them when I shouldn't have.  I did not behave like a woman filled with grace.

There is an upside however.  As I was driving to work, just a few blocks from our home, I saw the same fellows.  God gave me the opportunity to stop and apologize for my behavior earlier.  I did.

I am thankful they were kind and gracious.

I pray that I can do a better job next time, because I know there will be a next time.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment