Wednesday, September 5, 2012

God's Reputation

I am constantly challenged by the sermons at our church.  I love the pastoral staff and am so thankful that they are prayerfully seeking God and working to do His will every day.  This past Sunday, our pastor said something that resonated with me.  He said, "we are holding God's reputation in the palm of our hand." 

As a Christ follower, God has given me the gift of eternal life.  But He has also commissioned me to take His message to the World.  In so doing, I am His representative.  Here's an analogy:  If you eat at a restaurant and your server is having a bad day, her bad attitude reflects poorly on the eating establishment.  If you have a bad enough experience you may not go there again. 

If we reflect God's love poorly to those we encounter and they know we call ourselves Christ followers or Christians, they may not ever give God a chance. 

Wow!  Sobering, isn't it?

I don't want to be a person that leads people away from God.  I want to lead them to our loving God.  I pray that I will pause and think of this the next time I am about to say or do something that I know will reflect poorly on God. 

I pray that I can show God's love to others every day.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment