Thursday, September 6, 2012

God's Promises

My mood is a lot like the weather today - gloomy, overcast and gray. 

My husband has started his annual change in work schedule.  He works in wine production which means that for about 3 months of the year, I don't see him much.  It happens every year.  I know it's coming every year.  I try not to let it bother me every year. 

And every year I struggle.  Every year I find myself gloomy for a bit.

So today, I thought I would take a look at some of God's promises.  Like in Isaiah 41:10, he says "So do not fear, for I am with you;  do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you;  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (italics mine)

And in Jeremiah 29:11 he says "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (italics mine)

In Proverbs 3:5-6, he tell us to "Trust [in Him] with all your heart...and he will make your paths straight."  And in Philippians 4:6-7, he tells us "Do not be anxious about anything...present your requests to God.  And the peace of God...will guard your heart and mind..."

I need His peace.  I want his peace.  So I will try to put aside my feelings (feelings aren't very reliable anyway) and lean on His promises to me.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment