Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sovereign

I have been reading the old testament since the end of last year.  One thing that seems to come up repeatedly is God's sovereignty. 

"I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord..." Psalm 71:16

"...you acknowledge that the Most High is sovereign over the kingdoms of men and gives them to anyone he wishes." Daniel 4:25

"The spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor." Isaiah 61:1

Sovereignty is not something that comes up regularly in modern day discussions.  My Bible definition is "supreme in power or authority (usually of God)". NIV  But I know that Scripture tells us that He is still sovereign, even today, thousands of years after the Old Testament was written.

I find it comforting that God is sovereign, that He reigns supreme, now and forever.  I may not understand it all, but I will continue to look to Him, thank Him and praise Him for his power and authority.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment