Thursday, June 7, 2012

Loving God

It was almost 4 years ago that we had our son.  I had come to the Lord 4 years before but I was still struggling with the idea of His love for us.  I am a thinker and I would wrestle with questions like if He loves us then why does --------- (insert something bad) happen?  How can we know His love when we can't see Him?  Why would He love me? 

And then we had our son.  And still it took me several years to really get it.  It was while I was reading a book by Francis Chan called Crazy Love that it clicked.  God loves me the way I love my son but even more so.  I cannot fathom the more so.  But I totally get the parental love. 

I look at my son and I thank God for him.  I look at my son and I am overwhelmed by my love for him.  Even when he is not obedient.  Or when he is pushing and testing every limit we have.  I LOVE him!  It is unlike anything I had experienced before.  I love my husband but it is different with my son.  I love my parents and my sister but it is different than my love for my son.  It is indescribable, it is unfathomable, it is a truly amazing and wondrous thing!

That is how God loves me....and you.  He loves us beyond our understanding of love.  He looks upon us with an indescribable, unfathomable love...even when we are disobedient or testing His limits.  He LOVES us!  So much that "...he gave his one and only son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

I am so thankful to have experienced this love and so thankful that God feels that way about me.  I don't understand it but I will continue to thank Him for his everlasting love. 

In His Grace....

No comments:

Post a Comment