Friday, September 14, 2012

A Learning Experience

I am almost finished - I have Zechariah and Malachi to go.  It has been a long, sometimes difficult, but rewarding experience reading through the Old Testament from front to back. 

I mentioned before that I felt challenged to do this by an author that spoke to our church one day. I felt a nudge to do it.  And so I started, I think it was in December of last year.  There have been times when I read chapter after chapter, enjoying the story within it.  There have been other times when I struggled to read one chapter a day - 1 and 2 Kings, 1 and 2 Chronicles and Lamentations seemed particularly long to me.

It was refreshing to read Psalms in a healthy state of mind.  The last time I read Psalms in its' entirety I was battling depression. 

Proverbs has so much insight, so many useful tidbits of instruction, so much guidance from a loving God. 

It has given me perspective, history, understanding and greater comprehension of so much that I thought I was familiar with already. 

I am looking forward to the New Testament - the message of hope within the pages, the transforming love of Jesus.

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment