Wednesday, September 12, 2012

In my weakness, God is strong

It has been a difficult week. 

I sometimes wonder as I struggle to find my own way in my walk with God, how can I possibly be an encouragement to others?  How can I lead anyone to God when I am struggling to follow him myself? 

But after our small group yesterday, after we got home and had dinner with our little man, after getting him off to bed, I was doing the dishes.  Does anyone else have epiphanies while doing dishes? 

Here is my epiphany:  In my struggle, God is sure.  In my brokenness, God is whole.  In my weakness, God is strong.  "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength" Philippians 4:13. I cannot lead anyone to Christ but I can sow the seeds.

He does not expect me to be perfect.  He does not expect me to have all the answers.  He does not expect me to know it all.  He only wants me to sow the seeds.  He wants me to share what I know of His love - His perfect, all-knowing love.  His unending, never-giving up love. 

I do know His love. 

It has changed me. 

In His Grace...


No comments:

Post a Comment