Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Trusting in God

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

I am not a writer.  By trade, I am a bookkeeper which is pretty different from being a writer.  When I first felt the nudge from God to start what I call my faith blog, I did what comes naturally...I argued with Him...for a couple of years.

How can I encourage others in something that I am still learning myself?  Why would God want to use me in an endeavor like this?  What it all came down to is in this verse.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart"...I had to trust Him.
"...lean not on your own understanding"...I couldn't lean on my logical thinking, I needed to lean on Him.

"...in all your ways acknowledge Him"...I needed to look to Him every day for the ability to do this.  By doing this, acknowledge in a public way that I am looking to Him in everything I do.

"...and he will make your paths straight"...I am not sure what is meant biblically by this, but for me it means that my relationship with God has grown in leaps and bounds since I started writing.  He opens my eyes, ears and heart to so much more of His wondrous love every day.  I have been so blessed just by taking the time to write my thoughts on the struggles, joys and encouragements of my faith walk.

Trust in Him...He loves you!

In His Grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment